Making Multiple Cards
Because I was cutting the same die out of multiple colors, I decide to make multiple cards. While this wasn’t actually mass production, it was really nice to have five masculine cards completed when I was done.
The card I showcase in this blog has a background cut from real wood paper. Regarding the wood veneer paper, it is from a past MFT card kit. I could not find the wood veneer paper sold separately in their online store. Therefor, you will find a link to a similar product in the supplies list at the end of this post.
For two of the backgrounds I used a wood grain stamp from Stampin Up and some Sandy Beach card stock from Gina K Designs. The white paper has these really cool little flecks of color throughout. It is hard to see in the photo but it has a really cool rustic look. Actually, I believe this paper came from Stamping Up many years ago.
Selecting Masculine Colors
The color choices are what make this a masculine card. For the inlays I used Gina K card stock in; Black Onyx, Cranberry Tart, In the Navy, Christmas Pine, Edible Eggplant, and Honey Mustard.
The Inlay Die Cut Process
First I added Stick-It to the back of the wood veneer paper. Second, I selected a Spellbinders rectangle die that would fit perfectly on an A2 size card with a small boarder. Third, I lined up the rectangle die and the MFT Die-namics Happy Birthday Centerpieces Die and ran it though my die cutting machine. Finally, I popped out all the die cuts making sure to keep the inside of the letters.
Next I removed the backing from the Stick-It and adhered the die cut piece onto a pice of Black Onyx card stock that I had die cut using a slightly larger Spellbinder rectangle die.
Die Cutting Colors
Moving along, I cut the die out five more times using the selected masculine colors. For the wood veneer card I also cut the candles flames and stars from glitter paper to add even more interest.
Inlay Puzzle Time
Assembling these cards was just like building a puzzle. I had fun doing this and found it to be almost therapeutic. Concerning the glue I found it easiest to use a glue pen and scribble some glue in the die cut opening. Then using a Quick Sticks tool to pick up the small pieces I inlayed them into place. The final inlay step was to add the inside of the letters such as the small triangle for the letter “A”.
Here is a close up of the wood veneer and the glitter die cuts.
To finish the card all I did was attach the die cut panel to a A2 card base. I love how these turned out!
Below you will find the list of tools and supplies that I used to make this card. In addition, you can click the thumbnails to purchase a product. Compensated affiliate links are used when available, however there is no additional cost to you. All items were personally purchased. Thank you so much for your support!